Monitoring children’s teeth is helpful for the future. Most of us are used to seeing teenagers with braces, but it’s effective to take your kids to an orthodontist before they reach the age of 10. Young ones in your family may start to see adult teeth coming in around age 7. Building a relationship with Amazing Smiles Orthodontics makes it easy to decide on a treatment plan that results in your child having straighter teeth.
Have our doctors in Illinois and Missouri spot issues around the teeth, gums and jaw early for a better smile down the road.
Benefits of early orthodontic treatment
Taking your kids to an orthodontist helps you identify problems that could become obstacles for patients later in life. Our pediatric orthodontics treatment plans are tailored to the needs of your family. Scheduling a consultation with our team allows us to detect common concerns like overcrowding or a misaligned bite, which often require surgery if ignored. Below are the primary benefits of visiting a children’s orthodontist:
- Monitor the position of teeth: Your child’s orthodontist can best predict how permanent teeth will grow.
- Lessen the need for jaw reconstruction: Orthodontics treatments may be more involved the later you start.
- Minimize patient discomfort: Teeth that grow crooked or push on others can be painful.
- Encourage strong speaking: Speech difficulties are often linked to the teeth and jaw.
- Keep the teeth clean: A kid’s orthodontist can make sure the teeth grow with correct spacing. Children can brush and floss effectively.
- Boost confidence: Pediatric orthodontics treatments help your child feel proud of their smile. Young ones will want to show off their teeth.
Metal braces for kids
Traditional metal braces are a great option for young children. Stainless steel materials and wiring stay in place thanks to adhesives, and the materials are known for their durability. Your child can select what color brackets they would like to reflect their personality.
Speak to Amazing Smiles Orthodontics about Invisalign® clear aligners for children. Patients wear Invisalign products similar to retainers. There are zero wires to adjust. Invisible aligners sit over the teeth to change alignment over time. We are Diamond-level Invisalign® and Invisalign® Teen Providers.
Ceramic braces for children
Our ceramic braces blend in with the teeth for a less-noticeable treatment approach. These are semi-clear braces that work similarly to traditional metal braces. Teens like ceramic braces, as they are subtle and effective.