What are jaw misalignment symptoms?
Jaw misalignment can cause numerous symptoms of varying intensity depending on the issue’s severity. If your jaw is misaligned, you may experience:
- Headaches and earaches
- Chronic and severe jaw and tooth pain
- Difficulty eating, breathing, sleeping or speaking
- Inability to properly clean teeth, leading to increased risk of cavities and gum disease
- Trouble opening your mouth wide
How does jaw misalignment happen?
Your jaw functions through the coordination of tendons, muscles and bones. If any of these structures are imbalanced, they can cause the entire jaw to become uneven. There are several primary causes of jaw misalignment:
- Trauma: Sports injuries, accidents, falls and other traumas that damage your teeth can also affect your jaw’s alignment.
- Congenital disorders: You can be born with jaw misalignment, and certain conditions that affect the face’s symmetry may also cause the jaw to be uneven.
- Teeth misalignment: Crooked teeth can cause an uneven jaw, and aligners or braces may correct that teeth misalignment.
Our jaw misalignment treatment options
The Amazing Smiles Team believes everyone deserves a smile they can be proud of. We offer several jaw realignment treatment options so you can get the best care that suits your specific needs and lifestyle.
Choose from the following treatments and start your journey to a straighter smile:
Schedule your free consultation today
At Amazing Smiles, we care about each of our patients as individuals and are committed to providing the best level of care possible. We use the most innovative orthodontic methodologies and technology to deliver efficient and successful treatment. Choose us to get the treatment you need to feel proud of your smile.