Teeth Crowding Correction
Teeth Crowding Correction in Metro East and University City
Teeth crowding is a type of malocclusion that occurs when your teeth need more room to grow than they have. While lower teeth crowding can cause numerous other issues, the condition is treatable. Dental crowding is a common issue, so experienced orthodontists have the knowledge and tools to provide a solution.
Amazing Smiles Orthodontics offers teeth crowding treatment in southwestern Illinois. Get in touch to request an appointment at our offices in Glen Carbon, O'Fallon or Clayton, Illinois!
What Causes Teeth Crowding?
If you look into a mouth with crowded teeth, you'll notice they overlap and try to occupy the same space. Something has happened that caused the teeth to compress. In some cases, the cause of teeth crowding is genetic. The jaw may be naturally smaller, meaning the teeth didn't have enough room to grow in.
Crowding can also occur if baby teeth fall out too early, extra adult teeth develop or the teeth are abnormally large. Additionally, habits like thumb sucking may gradually force the teeth closer together. Crowding can also occur after a serious jaw injury.
Effects of Crowded Lower Teeth
Lower teeth crowding can lead to numerous adverse effects. For one, crowding makes it more difficult to take care of your teeth. You may have a higher chance of dental decay and gum disease. Crowding also reduces your ability to chew, which can cause digestive problems. Additionally, crowding may leave you feeling less confident in your smile.
Treatment for Teeth Crowding
Dr. Mastroianni, Dr. McCray and Dr. Ruppel have years of experience using traditional and innovative treatments for crowded lower teeth. They'll assess your condition and determine which of the following teeth crowding treatments would be the best solution:
- Braces: We offer traditional metal braces that pull crowded teeth into place over time. Our clear ceramic braces are a discreet option that works just as well as traditional braces.
- Invisalign® trays:Invisalign® treatment involves wearing a series of aligner trays that realign teeth. The trays are clear and removable. As Invisalign® Diamond+ providers, our doctors are some of the region's most reliable for the treatment.
- Spacers: These are rubber or metal devices that our orthodontists will install between crowded teeth, most often molars. The devices gradually move the teeth away from each other to create space before installing another device like braces.
Benefits of Teeth Crowding Correction
There are plenty of reasons to consider treatment for crowded teeth. The doctors at Amazing Smiles Orthodontics are here to help you experience all of the benefits of a straighter smile, including:
- Relief from jaw pain.
- Greater oral hygiene.
- Improved self-confidence.
- Fewer digestive complications.
- Better vocal articulation.
Request an Appointment
The team at Amazing Smiles Orthodontics is committed to helping patients enjoy healthy lives full of beautiful smiles. We go the extra mile to ensure a pleasant experience every visit. Plus, we'll make sure you can receive the care you need regardless of your financial situation.
If you're ready to start down the path toward a stronger smile, request a free consultation today!
REQUEST YOUR FREE EXAM
We look forward to helping you keep your smile amazing!