We love summer in the midwest, don’t we? The sun is out, the pools are open, and everyone is ready to have some fun! Whether you’re traveling over the summer or enjoying a staycation, here are some ways to enjoy the season while straightening your teeth.
Summertime treats that are braces-friendly
We know it can be a bummer avoiding sticky or chewy foods with traditional braces on, so we decided to make a quick list of our top ten summer favorites that are orthodontist approved:
- Hot dogs
- Thin crust pizza
- Ice cream
- Baked beans
Travel tips to keep you on track
It’s easy to get into a routine while having braces. You know where everything you need to maintain your treatment is, like your retainers’ case or floss. But when you’re living out of a suitcase, things can get out of sync.
Keeping a small bag of braces basics with you wherever you go makes it extra easy to always maintain your oral hygiene routine, whether you are close to home or halfway around the world. Here are some things to pack:
- Orthodontic wax for traditional braces
- Aligner cleaning tabs for clear braces
- Floss and threaders or proxy brushers
- Doctor-approved pain reliever
- Toothbrush and a small toothpaste
Summer appointment are a breeze
We suggest summer as the best time to begin treatment. Why?
- Fewer things on the schedule make coming in for appointments and check-ups less stressful to manage.
- Getting used to braces or aligners is much easier in the comfort of home than at school.
- Extra time to spend on extra care needed during treatment, like cleaning clear aligners properly or flossing in between wires with traditional braces.
At Amazing Smiles Orthodontics, we are ready to give your child’s smile the chance to shine in every season, but summer is a fantastic time to get started, so why not get in touch with us today?